Monday, May 17, 2010

Today our daughter was born...


Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above...
James 1:17

On Monday, May 17th, Mike and I received a most precious gift - our daughter. She came into this world wide eyed and ready to meet us. At 6lbs, 4oz, 19 inches long, she was a small little bundle but has already filled our hearts with a greater love than either of us could have imagined.

3:30 a.m. A very early wake up call for our 4:30 arrival time to be induced...but of course I want to shower before arriving at the hospital and so does Mike. We are prepared for a long day.

5:00 a.m. My pitocin is started and I am not excited about my IV. Or my hospital gown...or all of the monitors I am hooked up to. Mike and I take naps before my doctor arrives to break my water.

7:10 a.m. Dr. Reidy arrives and breaks my water. She says she will return around noon to check on my progress.

8:45 a.m. Contractions are NOT fun. Bring on the epidural...just don't let me see the needle!

12:10 p.m. Dr. Reidy arrives but not to check on me, to deliver a baby! - I begin pushing and...

12:47 p.m. Hannah Ryan Pillsbury arrives! Truly a moment in time that Mike nor I will ever forget. We were overwhelmed with joy when we hear our daughter cry for the first time and thank our God for such a miracle - a perfect baby girl and a healthy mommy.


We prayed for this child and the Lord has granted us what we asked of him.
I Samuel 1:27

No comments:

Post a Comment