Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas Baking


Oh how I love holiday baking!!! A tradition I LOVE passing on to my daughter & son, family baking tops my list as one of my absolute favorite things to do as Christmas draws near (as well as listening to Christmas music and watching holiday movies!) This year we made homemade granola, gingerbread bears, sand tarts and oatmeal M&M cookies. I tried to choose the most kid-friendly and hands on goodies...Hannah is a fabulous little helper! She is really getting good at measuring, organizing, and almost all other baking needs! Together we rolled all the gingerbread bears parts & assembled them on the trays, Hannah also rolled all the sand tarts in powered sugar to finish them off!





Luke liked chewing on spatulas and watching us while he played, he will be able to help out more next year. Carla brought over her mixer & together we made good use of our time - baking with two little ones was quite enjoyable thanks to our pre-planning & organization! Ahhhhh...love the smell of holiday baking in my kitchen - and love the sweet treats even more! Happy holiday baking & eating everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment