Monday, July 22, 2013

How does your garden grow?




Hannah asked for and received a cute little "garden" for her 3rd birthday from Mike's parents, thanks Grandma and Granddad Pillsbury! Boy has it grown - I guess the rainy summer has a lot to do with the success of Hannah's plants! She does a great job watering her garden & checking on her tomatoes every time we play outside in the backyard and was thrilled to collect the first ripe grape tomatoes! I have used the fresh basil, parsley and rosemary as well - and love to send Hannah out to pick fresh herbs! Growing up - my mom always had a garden (be it small or big) - and I think it is so important for children to know exactly where their food comes from, and to watch how it grows! Maybe we can even get Hannah to EAT a tomato - here's hoping!





Mike's sister Katherine gave Hannah some cute gardening tools that she uses - both for her garden and when she helps me in the flowerbeds! Here is Hannah opening up her garden - sadly, it did not come assembled but it didn't take Mike very long to build it! He is getting really good with a drill and directions - I see many more toys/projects in his future as a dad of two!




1 comment:

  1. This is so cute! I might have to steal this idea for Lucy!

    ReplyDelete