Thursday, November 22, 2012

Blessed Thanksgiving

Bless us oh Lord,
For these thy gifts,
Which we are about to receive,
From thy bounty,
Through Christ our Lord, Amen.


Hannah learned to say our family blessing in perfect timing with the Thanksgiving holiday! So proud and thankful for her...

This year, for the first time in a long time - Mike & I did NOT host our families for Thanksgiving. While we always enjoy hosting both families, extended families, and friends, and with this year being my birthday too - I will admit, I did miss my parents and sister...but it was nice to have the holiday "off" especially since I haven't been feeling well during this pregnancy. After my delicious birthday breakfast, we headed to watch some of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade and eat an early afternoon Thanksgiving at my in-laws - and then came home to enjoy naps!

We have so much to be thankful for this year - so much so that Mike, Hannah and I prepared and cooked our own mini Thanksgiving feast - savoring our family of three and giving thanks for the blessing of our baby on the way.




Give thanks to the Lord,
For He is good;
His love endures forever.

1 Chronicles 16:34

No comments:

Post a Comment