Friday, October 5, 2012

My Granny Dee

In Loving Memory of Omadee Oliveira Garcia
August 18, 1927 - October 2, 2012


I absolutely love these photos of my grandmother and grandfather. Especially of the one where they are dancing at our wedding, a blessed time before Granny Dee's health started to decline. High school sweethearts who shared a lifetime together - 64 years of marriage, 5 children, 12 grandchildren, and 7 great grandchildren. My Granny will be dearly missed by those she left behind - heaven is one lucky place.

The Lord is my shepard; I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside quiet waters;
He restores my soul.
He leads me on the path of righteousness
for His name's sake.

Though I walk through the valley
of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
for you are with me;
Your rod and staff comfort me.

You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my ememies.
You annoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.

Surely your goodness and mercy
will follow me; All the days of my life.

And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
Psalm 23

No comments:

Post a Comment