Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Our First Family Beach Trip!


"At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides and follow the sun."
-Unknown


Hannah loved the beach! Can you tell how excited she is from her first view of the water and crashing waves from our balcony? We spent Memorial Day weekend in Gulf Shores, AL for our first family beach trip - and what a trip it was! Packing everything short of the kitchen sink...in the end, all three of us were content sitting outside and soaking up the sights and sounds!



We enjoyed dinning outside for most meals, cooked some fabulous food (shrimp tacos, red snapper, lamb chops to name a few!)ourselves and went to a cool beach dive called Sea'n'Suds and a place called Lulu's (owned by Lucy Buffet, Jimmy Buffet's sister). Every morning we would pack up snacks, toys, and cold drinks and head down to our beach chairs - and every evening we would relax on our balcony, taking in the sunset!





Hannah was a trooper! She loved playing in the big pool with us, her little pool on the beach, she ventured out to the waves and wasn't scared! Mike took her for short "walks" down the beach, she napped on the beach blanket under the umbrella, and ate her weight in goldfish and all other snacks all day long!




I couldn't be happier that my daughter loves being by the ocean as much as I do! I have such great memories of spending summers at the beach - what an amazing experience to be able to create new memories with Hannah and Mike! My heart may be in Texas...but my soul lives at the beach!

Knee deep in the water somewhere
Got the blue sky breeze blowing wind through my hair
Only worry in the world is the tide gonnna reach my chair
Sunrise there's a fire in the sky
Never been so happy
Never felt so high
And I think I might have found me my own kind of paradise
-Zac Brown Band


No comments:

Post a Comment